Student Assistant (f/m/d) for a software development project
The Leibniz Institute of Photonics Technology (Leibniz-IPHT) offers the following position (part time, 20 hours per month) in the Research Department Biophysical Imaging starting on March 20th, 2023:
Student assistant (m/f/d)
The position is initially limited to 1 year.
Parallel to employment on the basis of a HiWi contract, we offer the possibility of writing a master's thesis.
The Leibniz-IPHT is a university independent research institute with close connection to the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena and member of the Leibniz association.
We are looking for an applicant for a software development project to implement a napari plugin for real-time image acquisition and processing from image capture devices. The development will involve a series of tasks involving the implementation of an user interface and creating a computational backend capable of managing multiple real-time algorithms on captured image with minimal to no frame loss. The project is funded by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) as part of the “napari Plugin Foundation Grants” project.
Your field of activity:
- Development of a generic controller software module capable of interfacing with image capture devices
- Development of a pipelined image processing engine with flexible UI/UX design
- Hardware control for image capture devices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Physics, Photonics or Engineering
Bachelor students about to graduate can work on this project as a master's thesis.
Your knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge and experience of the Python language in one or multiple operating systems (version 3+)
- Knowledge of versioning software (i.e., Git)
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Interest in learning new concepts in a “learning by doing” fashion
- Being able to work in team and independently
- Experience in napari plugin development
- Experience in multithreading and multiprocessing programming models
- Experience in GUI development with PyQt
- An open welcoming culture
- A friendly and dedicated team
- Working in an interdisciplinary research environment
- Advancement and further development for employees
Up to the marginal earnings limit (max. € 520.00).
We are a modern, internationally oriented research institute. The compatibility of work and family is one of our central concerns. We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social background. If women are underrepresented in the area of the advertised position, they will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified.
If you have any questions, please contact Jacopo Abramo: Tel. +49 3641 206 401 / Email: email@example.com.
Please send your application electronically as one pdf file via Email until March 5th, 2023 including your CV and certificates to:
Leibniz-Institute of Photonic Technology Jena e. V.
Albert-Einstein-Straße 9, 07745 Jena
Or simply apply via our job portal https://www.leibniz-ipht.de/en/institute/career/job-portal by clicking on the “apply” button:
Share job description