The Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology (Leibniz-IPHT) offers the following position (100%) in the Biophysical Imaging Department starting March 1st, 2021:
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
The position is limited for 2 years.
The Leibniz-IPHT is a university independent research institute with close connection to the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena and member of the Leibniz association.
The employee (f/m/d) will be an integral part of the research group of Prof. Eggeling within a research group funded by the TAB (Thüringer Aufbaubank). The employee (f/m/d) will optimize advanced optical microscopy (including super-resolution STED and MINFLUX) for biophysical applications including the investigation of SARS-CoV2 virus-like particles.
- Master in Physics, Chemistry or Biology with strong background in optical microscopy
- Deep knowledge on microscope setups/optics
- Strong interest in biophysical studies
Your knowledge and skills:
- Experience in advanced fluorescence and super-resolution microscopy
- Experience in cell-biological and/or biophysical applications using microscopy
- Experience in building microscopes
- Know-how in developing software for hardware control
German tariffs for public employees (TV-L).
The Leibniz-IPHT strives to increase the proportion of female employees. The compatibility of work and family is one of our central concerns. Therefore woman are explicitly encouraged to apply.
Further information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Christian Eggeling, Tel. +49 3641 206 401 / mail: christian.eggeling(a)leibniz-ipht.de.
Please send your application electronically as one pdf file via Email until January 20, 2021 including your CV and certificates to:
Leibniz-Institute of Photonic Technology Jena e. V.
Albert-Einstein-Straße 9, 07745 Jena