The Leibniz-Institute of Photonic Technology (Leibniz-IPHT) offers the following part time (0.8 FTE) position in the research department of Fiber Research & Technology from 01th of April 2019 until 31th of March 2021:
Administrative and Laboratory Assistant (m/f/div.)
The post is offered for the duration of two years in the first instance with the possibility of further extension.
Leibniz-IPHT is a non-university research institute with close connection to the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena and member of the Leibniz association.
We are seeking a candidate, who would assist in administrative and laboratory tasks related to research in photonics and microscopy. Several on-going projects including ERC-funded LIFEGATE are hosted in modern premises of the IPHT in Jena (Germany), featuring spacious optics laboratories, in-house fibre-manufacturing facilities as well as a support by mechanical workshops.
Successful candidates will work on
- administrative, laboratory assistance and maintenance tasks related to research of endoscopy and bio-medical imaging
- administrative tasks related to established collaboration in the field of holographic endoscopy, between IPHT Jena and the team of Complex Photonics of the Institute of Scientific instruments in Brno (Czechia)
- establishment and maintenance of new laboratory premises at IPHT devoted to research in advanced microscopy and bio-photonic techniques.
- Assistance in management of the LIFEGATE project.
Personal specification criteria:
- Degree in biological or medical field
- Proven expertise in Bio-Photonics laboratory assistance (mammalian cell culturing, synthesis of plasmid DNA, etc.)
- Excellent English and good German in speech and writing
- Experience with management of research or clinical studies
- Basic awareness of microscopy and endoscopy technologies
- Previous participation in research project in the bio-photonics field
- Communication in Czech language
- Previous working experience in clinical or health-care environments
Salary: German tariffs for public employees (TV-L)
The Leibniz-IPHT strives for increase the proportion of female employees. Therefore woman are explicitly encouraged to apply.
To discuss details of these posts, informal inquires may be addressed to Prof. Tomas Cizmar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must be submitted in English and must include: Cover letter outlining the candidate's suitability for the role, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, Point by point response to Person, Names and contact details of two references
Please send your application electronically as pdf file or via mail until 25th of January 2019 to:
Leibniz-Institute of Photonic Technology Jena, Human Resources
Albert-Einstein-Straße 9, 07745 Jena, Germany