The motivation to make the advantages of microfluidics and lab-on-a-chip technology accessible to a broad range of interdisciplinary users has led the microfluidics working group to deal with aspects of digital microfluidics, image-supported flow cytometry, particle manipulation and sorting as well as methods of micro-reaction technology.
To this end, our team combines scientific and technological expertise in the sub-disciplines of microfluidics, fluid mechanics, chip development and data processing. These are incorporated into scientific cooperations for research and microfluidic implementation of novel application concepts for lab-on-a-chip systems with optical/spectroscopic readout. We take over the microfluidic implementation of the system concept up to application development. The preparation and provision of the components is carried out in cooperation with the Leibniz IPHT Center of Micro- and Nanotechnologies.
- Fluid Dynamics on microstructures
- Microfluidic Design Automation
- Lab-on-a-Chip-Technology for biophotonics
- Three dimensional Imaging Flow Cytometry
- Multispectral Imaging Flow Cytometry
- Image activated bioparticle sorting
- Microfluidics for digital, droplet-based assays
- Image and spectroscopy guided approaches for flow measurement and readout of microfluidic assays
- Transfer of photonic applications in the fields of health, environment, nutrition and sustainability to the microfluidics platform
- Microfluidic design automation as an efficient design strategy for microfluidic systems
- Consulting services for Lab-on-a-Chip Technologies