Internship or Hiwi contract in the research department microscopy (m/f/d)
Internship or Hiwi contract in the research department microscopy (m/f/d) in Jena
The Leibniz Institute for Photonic Technologies e.V. (Leibniz-IPHT) in Jena is a non-university research institution with close ties to the Friedrich Schiller University Jena and a member of the Leibniz Association. In the Leibniz-IPHT, the Microscopy Research Department, Open Source Instrumentation Working Group, now has the option of one
Internship or Hiwi contract (m/f/d)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
We are looking for a committed member for the still young Open Instrumentation Group who a high degree of motivation to integrate complex microscopy systems into a networked integration.
Your tasks will include:
- The central storage of large data sets on servers
- Remotely starting and observing experiments using network protocols such as WebRTC
- Exploring the potential of the Robot Operating System (ROS) for our specific requirements
- “MicROScopy”: Increasing sample throughput with the help of robotic arms and automatic sample feed
- Processing the data using cloud-based image processing algorithms
- Completed bachelor's degree in physics, engineering, computer science, or equivalent discipline.
- Proficient handling of the Python programming language is a prerequisite
- Knowledge of optics and microscopy is desirable
- Knowledge of network streaming protocols is desirable
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in microscopy is an advantage
- Basics in image processing as well as willingness to learn something new
Why with us?
You have a unique chance to bring the microscope to the cloud! Our whole project is based on the low-cost and open source system UC2. This allows not only us, but also other interested parties to participate in the system. Our implementation is also designed to run on the Nvidia Jetson and you can implement your own ideas directly here or together with the Open Photonik Makerspace "Lichtwerkstatt Jena". If you are ready to shape the future of microscopy technology with us, apply now!
If you have any questions, please contact: Dr. Benedict Diederich (email@example.com, Tel: 03641-206 432).
The remuneration is up to the marginal income threshold (max. €520), the monthly working hours are a maximum of 40 hours per month.
Please submit your application with resume and references as a pdf file with code 1223 via our job portal (https://www.leibniz-ipht.de/institut/karriere/stellenportal/).
Share job description