master thesis or internship: “Fabrication of innovative fiber optic Bragg gratings”
master thesis or internship: “Fabrication of innovative fiber optic Bragg gratings” in Jena
At the Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technologies (Leibniz-IPHT) in the Competence Center for Specialty Optical Fibers there is the possibility to write a master thesis, to do an internship or to be employed on the basis of a HiWi contract.
Periodical refractive index modifications can be implemented into optical fibers using a high-power fs-laser. These fiber optical Bragg gratings (FBG) are used in sensor applications and as laser mirrors in fiber lasers. A variety of new applications are under investigation worldwide. One challenge is the inscription of FBG in new specialty optical fibers. A systematic optimization of the process parameters is necessary. Another challenge is it, to adapt the measurement setup for the characterization of the inscribed FBG.
- Fine adjustment of the existing interferometer setup (instructions are available)
- Systematic experiment for FBG inscription into different fiber types
- Evaluation of the results and optimization of the measurement setup, if necessary
Your skills and expertise:
- Bachelor in FT, PT, LOT, Mechatronic or similar
- Basic knowledge in fiber optics and optics
- Interest in precise and difficult tasks
- Basic knowledge in measurement technology and measurement evaluation.
- Ability to work independently and reliably
The Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology e.V. (Leibniz-IPHT) in Jena is a non-university research institution and is closely related to the Friedrich Schiller University Jena and a member of the Leibniz Association.
- Collaboration in the team of the Competence Centre for Specialty Optical Fibers, potentially for a longer time
- Payment on basis of student assistant
about scientific details of the project can be obtained from:
Please submit your application preferentially as pdf file (including your CV and certificates) via our jobportal (https://www.leibniz-ipht.de/en/institute/career/job-portal/) by clicking on the apply-button here:
Share job description